Pork, beef, even chicken come before lamb in the pecking order when it comes to low and slow cooking. This recipe for slow-smoked lamb shoulder yields beautiful meat with the perfect amount of smoky flavor.
Smoked Lamb Shoulder
This recipe was provided by Chef Harrell and adapted from his dishes at the Delta Supper Club. This recipe has not been tested for the home cook.
Write a review
- 1 8-10 lb bone-in lamb shoulder
- Lamb Rub (recipe follows)
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted ground coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted ground fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted ground yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted ground fenugreek
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Preheat smoker to 265°.
- Rub lamb shoulder evenly with Lamb Rub. Smoke shoulder for 9 hours.
- Wrap in foil, and let rest for 2 hours in a clean ice chest before serving.
Chefs to Watch http://www.chefstowatch.com/