Recipe: Alex Harrell
Photo: Tate Nations
Add a great extra flavor with this Salsa Verde, it’s a play on chimichurri that works incredibly well with Chef Harrell’s smoked lamb shoulder. Look at Chef Harrell’s smoked lamb shoulder recipe.
This recipe was provided by Chef Harrell and adapted from his dishes at the Delta Supper Club. This recipe has not been tested for the home cook.
Write a review
- 6 anchovy fillets, smashed to paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch chili flakes
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Salsa Verde will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Chefs to Watch http://www.chefstowatch.com/